Auditing a Course audit request form
Courses may be taken on an official audit basis. No credit will be given for the course; the audited course will be indicated on the student's transcript with a grade of NC. The student must discuss course work expectations with the instructor and it is up to the instructor to approve or not approve the student's request.
- Courses taken for audit do not apply toward any academic degree and do not count as part of a student's full-time or part-time course load for purposes of financial aid or for loan deferments.
- The tuition for an audited course is the same as that as for a credit course.
- Students considering this option should discuss it carefully with their academic advisor to see if this is the best choice or if another grading option, such as pass/fail, may be more appropriate.
- Schools in some cases do not allow students to register for a class for credit after taking it on an audit basis. Consult your school recorder with any questions.
- Students must pick up the audit forms from their school or division (or print one by clicking here), secure the appropriate signatures, and turn the form into the Office of the Registrar by the deadline specified in the academic calendar. The Office of the Registrar is located:
Visit us at :
Office of the Registrar
Campus Center, Suite 250
420 University Boulevard
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-5144
- Once invoked, the student may not later change back to credit status for the course.