Verification of Enrollment
IUPUI students may print their own proof of enrollment or good student certifications for health/car insurance or other purposes at no cost from One.IU.
IUPUI has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide loan deferment information to lenders along with allowing students to print enrollment and good student verifications through a secure web-based Student Self-Service link. These verifications documents are available for enrollment from Fall 2007 forward.
All documents/information listed below are available via the following path.
- Navigate to One.IU with your user name and password.
- In the Search box, type Enrollment Verification and press ENTER.
- Click the Enrollment Verification Certificate (IUPUI) icon.
- Print Enrollment Verifications for health insurance, housing providers, childcare reimbursement, employee tuition reimbursement, etc. Enrollment Verifications will be available as of the first day of classes for each term but please be aware that the document will highlight that IUPUI does not consider enrollment “official” until the beginning of the second week of classes. For this reason, students are advised to wait until the second week to provide their enrollment verifications to any third parties. (Note that enrollment verifications PRIOR TO Fall 2007 will need to be requested from the Office of the Registrar.)
- Print Good Student Verification if you have a GPA of 3.0 or above and need to certify this information for discounts on car insurance or other services. Good Student Verifications will be available approximately three weeks after the "official semester" end date of a term.
- Check the loan deferment information sent to your lenders. Loan deferments for enrollment from Fall 2007 and forward are automatically sent to student lenders at various times each term and information about what has been shared with your lender is available from the NSC website.
What is an Enrollment Verification?
An Enrollment Verification is an official Indiana University document with information taken directly from the academic record. The information is provided to agencies responsible for loan deferments, insurance companies, or other student benefit program organizations.
What type of information is provided?
Enrollment verifications usually require confirmation of current enrollment along with a student’s enrollment status (full-time, half-time, part-time) and expected graduation date. It is important for students to keep their anticipated graduation date current. This information is used by lending agencies as part of their deferment processing. Good student insurance discount eligibility is based on grades and GPA. Other manufacturing discounts are based on final degree conferral. Whatever information is available and requested by the student can be provided to the third party.
When can I get an enrollment verification?
IUPUI will certify enrollment at the end of the 100% refund period for a particular term. IUPUI will not certify enrollment for future terms even if a student has already registered for classes and paid for the term prior to the first day of the second week of classes. Visit the academic calendar for specific dates.
Do Correspondence courses count in my enrollment status?
Correspondence courses through the IU Correspondence Study program out of IU Bloomington will not be counted toward credit (unit) hour totals and the Office of Student Financial Services will not consider enrollment through IU Correspondence Study towards any financial aid enrollment requirements.
IUPUI’s U.S. Department of Education Code is 001813.
Additional National Student Clearinghouse contact information: