Skip page navigation

Skip page navigation

Frequently Asked Questions


How can I find my Unofficial Transcript in the SIS Student Center through One.IU?

Login to One.IU. (See "How do I login to One.IU" in the FAQ.)

  1. Navigate to One.IU with your user name and password.
  2. In the Search box, type Student Center and press ENTER.
  3. Click the Student Center SIS icon.
  4. Find the heading that says Academics, and click on the link below it that says My Academics & Grades.
  5. Click on View My Unofficial Transcript.
  6. Choose your Academic Institution.
  7. Select the Report Type - Unofficial/Current Enrollment/All Careers

All classes you have registered for will show with or without grades.

How much does an official transcript cost?

An official transcript may be purchased for $10.00.
The following forms of payment are accepted:
Cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover card
Information about requesting an official transcript can be found at

How do I get an official transcript?

Information about requesting an official transcript can be found at
Note: Read the instructions carefully before submitting the request form via mail or fax.

The online transcript request form can be found at

What are my alternatives to buying an official transcript?

Current students can print an unofficial transcript through the Student Information System (SIS) using One.IU, free of charge.

(See "How can I find my unofficial Transcript in One.IU?" in the FAQ.)

How do I change my name at IUPUI?

The Office of the Registrar maintains the official record of all students' names. Students whose names have been legally changed or require editing should file a Request for Change of  Name form. Legal documentation, such as a copy of a social security card, marriage certificate, or official court document, must be provided to support the name change. This name change will be reflected on the student’s official academic record.

Please do not E-Mail your information, your hand written signature is required.
Fax, mail or bring the completed and signed form to one of the addresses below.

Fax to: 317-278-2240          
Office of the Registrar
Campus Center, Suite 250
420 University Boulevard
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-5144

If you are or have ever been employed by Indiana University, even as a work-study employee, please provide documentation, such as a photocopy of your driver’s license. If you are or were an IU employee and your marital status has changed, please provide a copy of appropriate documentation. This will be used in adjusting any employee benefits. Contact Human Resources with any questions.

If you have questions call (317) 274-1519 or visit us in The Campus Center, Suite 250, during our normal office hours.